Wednesday, November 5, 2008

U.S. Election Results 2008

It's over, Barack Obama wins.
Obama garnered a whopping 338 349 electoral votes (270 are needed to win) over John McCain's 141 163 to become the 44th President of the United States. McCain has graciously accepted the result. He said, "Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much, and tonight, I remain her servant."
For Obama, winning the presidential race is the easy part. The hard part comes next - which is actually leading his country.
For the next four years, Obama will have his hands full. He would have to deal with the economic crisis that the U.S. is currently experiencing; the troops in Iraq; foreign relations; the energy/oil siuation;  the budget deficit; healthcare and taxes. I don't expect any radical changes happening in the near future, but I believe positive changes will happen during his term. He can't do any worse than Dubya, can he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search